jeudi 1 janvier 2009

January 2d, portraits!

First of all, a huge Thank You for all your comments, I love comments!



The photos for today show portraits of my kids. I really wanted to give the blurry background a try, so I took these pictures with my 70-200 lens, f/4.8 (I believe) in manual, yes yes, I'm trying! Like this you meet my family at the same time :-)



First my boy, who is the youngest:


Picture taken outside, while he was on his bike. The background is basically our driveway, couldn't get any trees or other goodlooking things in the background and to be honest, didn't think of that at the moment! Then meet my girl, the oldest of the two:

She was in the living room, which isn't very tidy as we speak! hum hum. Well, I might not buy these pictures of a professional photographer ;-) but for my first attempt I quite like them. Oh, and I don't do any photo editing, simply because I don't know how to do it!

Thanks for any comments or CC, see you tomorrow!


16 commentaires:

Amy a dit…

Cute kids! Great job at getting out of auto mode! :)

Jamie a dit…

Congrats on the manual mode! Cute kids.

Reds a dit…

You are doing great!! Adorable kids! Love the angle of the second shot!

Nnairda's a dit…

Wow! Those portraits are amazing. The lighting is great, especially for the indoor pic. Great job!!

Adriann

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) a dit…

Glad to "meet" your kids, very cute.

pat a dit…

Cute kids, and nice work in manual. You have some nice bokeh going on.

KRISTIE a dit…

cute kids

Sharon a dit…

Nice captures! Your children are beautiful.

shirley a dit…

Love the pics of the kids. Great shots - keep it up!

--sme a dit…

The kids are adorable. Your lighting looks good here!

Angela2932 a dit…

Nicely done, and you are doing wonderful with manual mode! I really like the angle of your 2nd shot, and you did got very nice blur in the background with your depth of field.

Susan a dit…

I'm just learning manual myself, so to me it looks like you're doing great!

Anonyme a dit…

Great job! They are really cute!

PierKiss a dit…

Great photos of your kiddos. I think your backgrounds turned out great with them. :)

Becca a dit…

Your kiddos are adorable! Great job shooting in manual...glad you're liking it!

Ashley a dit…

Your youngest doesn't look too happy...poor little guy! I, too, am trying to shoot in manual - keep up the good work!